Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Making Music Compatible with Memories on Web

Jane Kroening sent me this question: "I am working on my son’s video for the JDRF walk and appreciate your instruction. Quick question….if I want to use a song from my Itunes library, but these songs are all .mp4, which isn’t compatible with the MemoriesonWeb program, is there a way to convert a song from an mp4 to an mp3, to make it compatible?"

My Response: Hi Jane, I haven't done this conversion myself, but if you google "convert mp4 to mp3" you'll find several free converters you can download. I can't vouch for any of them right now, but I'll try to download one over the weekend and test it. In the meantime, here's my usual warning on downloads: Any time youdownload a program there is a small chance it will mess with your computer. As with any download, make sure any irreplaceable info/data on your computer is backed up somewhere first ... this is always a good rule of thumb.

Jane responded: I figured out how to convert the mp4 songs to mp3…wasn’t difficult once I googled it and downloaded the software. Thanks for the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment